Monday, October 10, 2005

RenFest Goodness

I'd forgotten how much I truly enjoy RenFest. Turkey legs, Scotch eggs, and mead oh my. First time I'd ever worn a kilt and will NOT be the last. Those suckers are so comfortable there's probably a law against it. Get outside and it's barely 40 degrees outside and it's bit chilly but as the day warmed up it was much more comfortable than it would have been walking around in my typical jeans and sweatshirt.

Got to see a great act called The Limey Birds. Check these ladies out people. Funny, talented, and GORGEOUS!! Go buy their CD's. This is how they make their living and they are very, very good at it. Their timing was incredible and their ability to improv was spectacular. I hope they come back next year.

There was one major downside to going in a kilt...well, two actually. It gets old having to field the same "What are you wearing under that kilt?" question and then got pulled out of a crowd to be in the "Best Kilt" contest they were having. I'm just not big on being up in front of the crowd. Here's a pic of myself and my two buds that went with this year. The women we went with were conveniently absent from all photos so you're stuck looking at us. I'll let you guess which one I am. Anyway it was a great time and I highly recommenend attending any RenFest near you. If the Limey Birds are there you are ORDERED to attend. Trust me, that's on order you'll be glad you followed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home